Friday, March 1, 2013

My heart goes, sha-la-la-la-la

I have no idea what title to put for this post. Hence... Hahaha. Anyway, I am currently having a small break from mugging right now. Yeah, that's what I do.. Play and procrastinate till exam dates are approaching, then I start studying.

Hmm, what should I write? Some updates...? Okay!

Have still been exercising, not bad. Still learning how to discipline myself, even up to the smallest, tiniest, teeny weeniest thing I do. Improving, but not enough. 

OH, and I lost 3kg with approximately 1.5 - 2 months of working out! *give myself a pat on the shoulder* Kudos to me for my progression so far! Sings: Oh, happy day, happy day~ when Jesus washed my sins away!

Uhmm, song not very relevant but it's still a happy thing.

Going back. Just yesterday, I bought my first ever protein powder!!!!!!! :D :D :D So so SO satisfied and happy with it. Tastes great and it does what it says. No muscle ache the next day. Woohoo!

What else... #ponder #ponder

God revealed so many things to me recently. So blessed to have such great people with great faith alongside me. One of the many realizations I've discovered is this simple, yet powerful statement.

"Lord, you deserve my obedience more than I deserve life."

Afterall, the life that I now have is given by God. I will hold this statement in my heart and remember it always. Really such an awesome sentence. I hope this sentence blessed you as much as it did for me!

Ahh, I have also finally mustered up my courage to request joining the worship team! Can I share my story?

Just joking, I don't even need to ask. I will share. Hahaha!

Before I joined Glad Tidings Church (GTC), I was in Gospel Light Christian Church (GLCC). I used to serve in the worship ministry back in GLCC as well, and I know I always have this desire to serve in that ministry. Okay, back to GTC.

After attending GTC for a little more than a year, the desire is still in there. It's just that I'm not sure if it's God's calling or merely my enjoyment and appreciation for music and singing... But well, in order to find out what is truly God's calling for me, I prayed and made a little deal with God.

Around that time when I suddenly felt this strong urge to serve in the worship team, it happened to be around my exam period as well. That was busy October when there was so many things I have to do, I have no time to study at all. Though I forgot what were the busy things, I remembered I only had 3-4 days to study for 2 exams. Obviously, I panicked.

So I asked God for his wisdom to study, that I would do my very best at mugging and trust that He would do the rest. And that even with little time for studying, if I got As for my exams, which is quite impossible really, it would be God's sign. Not only that, but God will open doors to enter into the worship team. 

Cause you see, for my previous exams, I have adequate time and am more well prepared, resulting in a B+. So with this little time, not well prepared, and an A? Hmm...

I was so anxious while waiting for those results. I was still thinking like, "will God react to my prayers?" and whatnots. Can you imagine the mixed emotions I feel when results were released? It's like excitedly nervous lol.

I must say I am surprised when I see those As. Really, really thank God. He blessed me with so much!! Although I prayed that prayer, I really didn't expect to see those results loh. I don't feel I deserved it. Then I went to ask one of the worship leaders and they actually needed female singers. Open doors!

Despite all these obvious signs, I still have my doubts. "What if it's just coincidence?" Lol, I know right... Sigh :( I dragged and dragged.. Till recently, a voice just somehow have always been reminding me of that little deal I had with God. I assumed it's the Holy Spirit talking to me.

Bottom line: I have since submitted my interest/request to join the worship ministry. I have not received anything yet, so I'm just waiting. But I have this special, subtle, inner joy ever since... Hehehe. I suppose I have found God's calling for me!

Okay... this is supposed to be a short post with quick updates but I rattled on and on and on. Oops... Time to get back to mugging!

Just wanna say that, this relationship that I have with my Heavenly Daddy is really amazing. Experiencing his love and grace is a pure, joyful bliss. It's a kind of happiness that I will never ever ever get from anybody else. He is such a wonderful God! I pray that whomever that reads this can get to experience his love and grace too! 

Till then, be healthy, confident and beautiful. God bless y'all! *Less than three* < 3
P.S: That is SO Secondary school lol.