Friday, February 1, 2013

Different

Just a quick update. We'll see.

So far so good. I've been working out for the past 3 nights consecutively. Problem is, I'm only working out at night. Did some research and studies shown that working out in the morning with an empty stomach is more effective in fat loss, increasing the percentage by a whooping 20%! Therefore, I am ready to push my lazy ass out of the bed and workout in the morning instead from tomorrow onwards. *WARCRY* Hahaha.

Putting exercising aside, what prompted me to blog today was being different. I immediately thought of this Pantene advertisement I chanced upon on a random day on Facebook Land.

This is a story of a deaf and mute girl who learns to play the violin against all odds.


This small, simple, yet refreshing conversation between the disabled young girl and the old man enlightened me. It goes:

Girl: Why am I different from others?
Man: Why do you have to be like others?

In this world, everybody wants to fit in. All of us wants to belong to a clique of friends. That's just a human thing. We rather share a room with an enemy than to be stranded alone in a deserted, isolated island. Remember the story of "Cast Away"? The volleyball named "Wilson"?


Yeah, you do now right? 

Humans feel happy and satisfied when they have interactions with people. And as we grow older, it is harder to befriend someone. At least not as easy compared to when we were all in our teens.

But my question is this.

Let's say due to bad choices, you end up with bad influenced friends. Friends that pull you down, that doesn't make you want to improve. I'm sure we've all been through that period once. Will you move away, or will you continue on?

If you move away, you are left friendless. Not exactly, but you get what I mean. If you carry on, you suffer in the long run. Well, unless your friends change. Cause you can't change people.

Point is, what would you do?