Monday, April 29, 2013

Love?

Hola! Hope everyone has been good! 
I'm here to share a very interesting read I stumbled on my Facebook news feed. 

If God created everything, did God, who is so holy and righteous created evil too, then? I mean, aren't you curious that something could sound so contradicting? Visit this link to clear your doubts and find out! 


God loves each one of us unconditionally and cares for everyone deeply. Afterall, every single one of us are His creation. "Genesis 1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

I can go on and on about God's unconditional love for us. But really, sometimes I wonder how big is his heart to be able to contain disappointments and griefs when His child has sinned time and time again, but still look on us with love and forgives each and every single time. I can never understand His big big love with my human mind.

I just want to say and let you, the person reading this now, know that God loves you  :)

These past few weeks, God has blessed me tremendously by revealing and pouring out His unconditional love for me. God has indeed worked quite a bit on my inner soul and I'm now learning to know more about my Daddy God, to strive to walk alongside His footsteps. In the past, I've attempted to read my bible daily without much success. That's the funny thing. I've never really had the discipline to consistently do something. If there was any motivation, I would describe it merely as a spark; going off as quickly as it came. Which can be frustrating and disappointing, feeling like I can't accomplish anything, lowering my self-esteem.

However, this time, I can feel the change God made in me. I automatically wants to know more about God, I genuinely wants to walk closely with God. Why? I think it's cause I love God. Uhm, no need to think. No doubt, I love God.

I love God! I love Jesus! I hereby proclaim that I love my Saviour and Lord!

Truly, you only know God by reading the bible. How else would you get to really, truly know Him? We always hear on Sunday sermons about God, we know He hates sin and loves those who obey His commandments etc. We only know ABOUT God. Do we TRULY KNOW God in an intimate and personal way? Therefore, indeed, as cliche as it might sound, it is only through the bible do we understand and know God in a deep way.

I don't understand why God only chose to open my eyes now instead of any other times. But I am glad that He has. He had shown me another dimension about life, about Him, about people. I really thank God for opening up those eyes to really see and understand, and it stirs me up from the inside to want to serve Him out of gratitude. 

I also read this from somewhere, and it encourages me and lifts my soul up.
"You are safer with God in the middle of a storm than you are anywhere else without Him."

I remembered when I was in my secondary school days, filled with passion for God. I prayed to God, asking Him to let me go through trials and I promise Him I'd come out of that storm victorious. I was proud and naive, and I believed I could pass this test. But yeah... I failed. Lol.

So here I am now again, now striving to place God in the center of my life, wherever I am, in whatever I do. It definitely is not easy. But I will learn, as God slowly teaches me more new things. This sentence will also be my motto.

"The sufferings of this life are unworthy to even be compared with the future glory awaiting us."

I will end here with a song by Hillsong, called Forever Reign. It's my current favourite song and the lyrics just remind and speaks to me about God's majestic, ultimate love for me. Enjoy :)


Hillsong - Forever Reign Lyrics

Songwriters: Jason Ingram, Ruben Morgan

Verse 1 
You are good You are good 
When there's nothing good in me 
You are love You are love 
On display for all to see 
You are light You are light 
When the darkness closes in 
You are hope You are hope 
You have covered all my sin 

Verse 2 
You are peace You are peace 
When my fear is crippling 
You are true You are true 
Even in my wandering 
You are joy You are joy 
You're the reason that I sing 
You are life You are life 
In You death has lost its sting 

Chorus
(Oh) I'm running to Your arms 
I'm running to Your arms 
The riches of Your love 
Will always be enough 
Nothing compares to Your embrace 
Light of the world forever reign 

Verse 3 
You are more You are more 
Than my words will ever say 
You are Lord You are Lord 
All creation will proclaim 
You are here You are here 
In Your presence I'm made whole 
You are God You are God 
Of all else I'm letting go 

Bridge 
My heart will sing no other Name 
Jesus Jesus
Have a blessed week guys! xx