Saturday, January 19, 2013

Being Fit

I'm here to remind myself of the 2nd resolution I made for 2013:
To be fit and toned.

Firstly, here's a picture.


Not much body fat content, no love handles, no thunder thighs. I applaud the girls who are able to control their food intake, maintaining their diet to get a slim physique. Because that is the problem with me. I love food too much. Oops.

Due to a lack of exercise on top of eating like a dinosaur, I began to develop a bit of a love handle, flabby arms and fat were all deposited into my thighs. :( I'm not complaining because I did not even put in any effort into changing the way I look. I was too lazy to work out, and my love for food outweigh a healthy lifestyle.

The only plus side was that standing on 169cm, I was tall. Thus, a little growth on the horizontal side didn't portray my whole figure as fat. My BMI was still in the normal range (Nope, I'm not gonna reveal my weight hahaha.) but adding a few more figures and I would be overweight. So I would say that I'm slightly above average and slightly below overweight.

HOWEVER. December 2012 were the killer. There were SO many eating events! Like Christmas dinner, church events, road trip to Malaysia etc. I gained 2kg...... By then, I was REALLY starting to get annoyed at my body. I was being complacent all these years thinking "I'll never be overweight". But the figures on the weighing scales don't lie. Starting to believe I could be overweight if I keep this up, I changed my mindset.

Wayne has been persuading me for forever to gym with him. You guys have no idea. Yes, he rocks for not giving up on me. Finally, with his encouragement and my changed mindset, I recently started to gym and replaced my meals with healthier food. I dropped 2 kilos in 2 week's time and am thoroughly amazed with myself. I mean, I AM lazy I confess. The results though not great and mighty but still, it's an improvement. This motivated me and I am now hungry for more exercise. My thirst for working out has never been more alive lol.

I am still going strong, though there are temptations to eat that piece of chocolate in the fridge sometimes... which I ultimately resist! Ya' know? :/ I love food! But I'm trying and learning how to love exercise and health more.

Okay. After all of my blabbering yada yada yada, this is my aim.



But why did I even post the first picture, then? Because I want to encourage people, to let them see that a body that works out is nicer than a body who only diets. Most of us are contented way too easily. The rest are just plain lazy.

Side by side comparison.



It is easier to get a slim body. We just need to diet, to control our eating. But to have a fit and toned body is a totally different thing. In order to achieve that, we need to lift those weights.

I'm sure everyone knows the perks of exercising. A quick google will tell you all the benefits. It's not only just looking good, it's more than that!

If you're thinking "I have no time" as an excuse for yourself, it is really about how you manage your time, and how you place your priorities. When you have that 30 minutes of free time on your hands, what would you do with it? I'm sure we all can work our way around things. Stop giving yourself "barriers" to a healthy lifestyle!

So join me in this quest/resolution! I encourage you with arms wide open!

To not be lazy
To not be easily satisfied
To expect more for ourselves
To not let your motivation die down easily
To live healthily and enjoy feeling good about our body


One picture for the guys too!





Last but not least,




Are you motivated yet? Will you take my hand and get on board this ship?