Saturday, December 25, 2010

Sprinkle Nails!


Yupp, these are my nails! I cut them short and DIY these babies for Christmas! I first discovered this from Katy Perry's twitter, and in one of those comments, some dude posted a link by Youtube a tutorial of this sprinkle nail thingy.


I'm so tempted to eat them! Like you can hear them beckoning you,"eat me... EAT!" kinda thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8LbXzvq47Y

Anyway, click the link above to watch the tutorial! It's easy and fun! :D

A quick summary, you will need :

1. Base coat 
(to protect your nail, if not they will turn yellow over time.)

2. Any colour of your choice. I painted mine white. You can try different colour for each nail too, be creative!

3. Top coat.
(the transparent one)

4. Nail Polish Remover.

5. Sprinkles!
Can be bought at any supermarket stall. Just go to the "Baking Needs" section. I bought mine off Cold Storage.

6. Filer (optional)
Some people like square-shaped nails. So you can buy them almost anywhere I guess? I bought mine @ Gift A Name, and it's ARIEL FILER! $1.90, can file and buff your nails shiny somemore. One side $1, affordable! They have all the 7 Princesses, so can go take a look if you're interested.

And tadah! You got yourself a set of cute sprinkle nails!

Oh yeah, this is a sidenote.
You do not have to buy O.P.I or expensive brands for your nail polish. I purchased mine for $2 per bottle only. LOL. You can get yours in stores like Ta Zhiang or Jean. You know the Budget Barbie @ Clicknetwork.tv? Yeah, she mentioned in her trip to Tampines, that video.

I decided to do this cause Christmas is here! And the rainbow candies kinda represents the colourful light bulbs used to decorate Christmas trees. I'm waiting for them to drop and get ugly, so I can wash them away and do a new one! I saw so many gorgeous designs and patterns from mini cute cupcakes to my favourite Disney Princess, Ariel! So, I've decided to do my own nail from today onwards. Heeheeeee.

Okeh, lastly. I wanna promote you guys to watching Glee! I finished both Season 1 and 2. Can watch it off Funshion. People who wanna download, go google.com and type "Funshion download" can already. You guys seriously will definitely NOT regret downloading Funshion!

Yupp, that's about all. Gotta gooooooo! (Y)

Oh yeah, hope you guys enjoy your day today!

xoxo (L)