Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sober up!

 So as I was reading God's word, I chanced upon a few verses that inflicted great impacts upon my heart and it woke me up.

Well, friends who knew me would know that I've not been my old sunshine self recently. However, I remembered that everything that happened was planned by the Lord, so why not trust all matters into His hands rather than being emo and down, right? :)

Therefore, I've sobered myself up and am ready for anything. Hahah, God's words is so true man! Just like what I've shared earlier about James in the previous post!

Well, before I read my bible, I was randomly browsing through Facebook and was disheartened by what I saw.

Christians. CHRISTians. We're all named after Christ. 
Why the word? It all started long ago when other people started noticing that there's a small group of people acting like little Jesus and therefore, named them Christians because of Jesus Christ. You see, we don't name ourselves Christians but this was named by others.

Therefore, how each of us carry ourselves are very important cause we're affecting God's reputation. And Korkor once told me before that in whatever we do, we must protect Christ's name. Cause if we live like how the people of this world live, what's the difference then? We're all just ruining his name if we all live like how this world live. Anyway, this entry is for fellow Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

 "How long will you people ruin my reputation?"

This verse was taken from Psalms 4 verse 2.

Many Christians out there are telling the world that they are God's child but they are not following and seeking Him. Irony, isn't it? You claimed you love God and yet, you're not doing what God is commanding you to. How sad, for they're ruining Christ's reputation stated above, whom they claimed love so much.

I know I'm standing on dangerous grounds here but I gotta say this man.
It's actually very simple. The Bible tells us all

In John 14 verse 15, it says
"If you love me, obey my commandments."

John 14 verse 21,
"Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me."

John 14 verse 23,
"All who love me will do what I say."

John 14 verse 24,
"Anyone who doesn't love me will not obey me."

Commandments as simple as "You shall not commit adultery" in Exodus 20 verse 14.

You can say, "I also never cheat on my partner. I never one leg step two boats!"

But my dear Brothers and Sisters, the bible says that in Matthew 5 verse 28,
"But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust in his eye has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

This does not only applies to guys, but girls as well.

And what's been happening in youths are clubbing and they don't see any wrong in it.
You can say, "Also never grind people. Just go have some fun and partying with own friends only what."

However, Bible teaches us in Romans 13 verse 13.
"Because we belong to the day, we must live decent lives for all to see. Don't participate in the darkness of wild parties and drunkeness, or in sexual promiscuity and immoral living, or in quarelling and jealousy."

This verse literally describes the modern day clubbing, isn't it?

I know that I'm not perfect. I have no rights to judge and I have my own flaws as well. But as I'm saying this, I'm reminding myself, too.

But hey, like in Psalms 4:2 above, how long will you ruin Christ's reputation?

in Matthew 15 verse 8,
"These people honour me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."

Guys, we can live a much more better life pleasing to our God. Don't just honour Him with our lips, but sincerely with our hearts! Have you forgotten what Jesus did on the cross for you?

To see what Jesus had done for you.

Ecclesiastes 12 verse 1.
"Don't let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor him in your youth before you grow old and no longer enjoy living."

This particular verse made me think alot. I've regretted the way I've lived my life before as I looked back and think about the things I had done. I could have done so much more for Christ! But I've wasted it! And I could never get those years back. Friends, think about what I've just said. I personally experienced many stuffs before and therefore, can assure you that life without Christ is never happy. So many times I've backslided and get hurt emotionally. Just like what the bible had said in Proverbs 15 verse 32.

"If you reject discipline, you only harm yourself;
but if you listen to correction, you grow in understanding."

But I can safely proclaim that I've found the joy of my life!

And I back this up with Proverbs 16 verse 20,

"Those who listen to instruction will prosper;
those who trust the LORD will be joyful."

Have you found joy? :)

I hope this entry has been a blessing to your heart and if you feel a tug of pull in your heart, it means that God is calling you to come! Open your door and don't reject Him! May we glorify God in all things that we do and worship him with a true and sincere heart! Amen.

(Picture taken from http://happymonsters.tumblr.com)

Keep smiling!